The bare minimum you should bring to me if you want me to supervise a project is below:
- You must have earned a B+ or better in one of my classes.
- You must already have a solid topic.
- Your topic must be in one of my areas of expertise.
- You must already have completed a full outline and a rough first draft.
- You must have conducted a full written literature review of the existing publications on the subject.
- You must commit to getting your work published. I will usually not give better than a C+ to any supervised research that does not get accepted for publication in a law review or other professional journal. If you are not prepared to go through the extra work required to get your paper published, then it would not be a good idea for us to work together on supervised research.